Go back to pre-colonial times to experience a night in a traditional longhouse.This Iroquoian dwelling, built entirely of wood and bark and heated by three fires, will provide students with an authentic and memorable experience. The longhouse is a symbol of family and the legendary hospitality and welcome of these thousand-year-old peoples.
The experience includes:
- Accommodation in the national longhouse Ekionkiestha’;
- Concurrent 4 rooms at the Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations for modern conveniences;
- All-night fire watchman service to look after your well-being and dreams;
- Introduction to the history of the Huron-Wendat Nation;
- Welcome by a storyteller which also includes the myths and legends activity;
- Cooking on the fire and tasting of bannock (traditional bread);
- Breakfast at the La Traite restaurant;
- Additional activity according to the school level;
- Labrador tea tasting.
*** Possibility to create your own customized package with other activities.